Monday, August 30, 2010

3rd attempt at making cupcakes

I left my cupcakes sitting in the oven while i prepared my flower decorations using white fondant. I tinted the fondant to pink and yellow flowers with chocolate or pink buttercream. I love how the decorations ended up. I spend like 6 hours from the baking to the buttercream and decorating of the cupcakes.

It was when i was going to prepare my buttercream then i remembered my cupcakes were still left sitting in the oven. Boo hoo... the cupcakes that were supposed to turn out so well ended up having moisture on the surface and within. As i ate my cupcake, i was quite disappointed that it ended up this way. It was alittle hard in the middle perhaps due to the moisture settling in... :(

I was quite happy with the end product though. However my buttercream was still melting as i piped them onto the cupcake. Do i really have to use the shortening even though its super unhealthy? Also even though there's trans fat free shortening, is it really so?

Got to crack my mind at googling what are my alternatives again.

Anyway, here goes ... my 3rd attempt.


I made like 40 over flowers, 20 leaves for my cupcakes!


Pretty, can you see the buttercream melting? Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment