Thursday, September 2, 2010

New mixer

Yay, as i write this post, am jumping with joy over my newly bought stand mixer from Borsh. Was at Vivocity and decided to pop by Tangs for fun. The varieties of mixer immediately caught my eyes. I zoomed in to of cos the cheapest haha. The mixer that my instructor used set her back by about $900 plus for the kenwood.

Seriously i am not about ready to splurge on such an expensive mixer or rather i am not that good as yet. Tangs was having another 12 % rebate for Citibank customers on top of the existing 10% discount and offer already offered on the Borsh mixer. The Borsh mixer was like the cheapest there is, the $199 price stand staring back at me.

I guessed for a novice baker like me, this machine would be most apt. I consulted my bf and casually mentioned if he would buy it for me, he agreed almost immediately. :) I was really really happy cos that means i am able to whisk my egg whites to a more consistent texture now. hehe

Knowing my passion for baking and ramblings on how my mum got me a weighing scale that looks like it was manufactured in the 60s, he suggested i also get a digital weighing scale as well...How sweet is my bf. Love him to bits really! I wanted to actually but seriously the weighing scale is kinda ex really. However he still got it for me. :)

I was a happy gal, lugging my mixer all the way back to the car and now still dreaming about what gorgeous cupcakes and puffs i can make with the mixer. :)

Photos of my loot coming up soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment